As CEO, how do I go about motivating my top team after a period of significant management change and instability?
Thanks, Karl, for your question. It's a complex one. Kudos to you for thinking about this critical issue. Some things to consider:
- Have you painted a picture of the future (a better one) that all want to be a part of?
- Is everyone aligned around the strategy and goals?
- How have you brought the team together to work as one?
- What are the early wins you're achieving and celebrating that reinforce you're headed in the right direction?
- How are you reinforcing the new behaviors needed and what's not okay with you?
- Are you done with the management changes for now, so you can talk about "the new leadership team" and get people focused on your vision and goals?
Hope these thoughtstarters help. If only it were easy! Please give me feedback on what I've outlined.
I'd welcome the opportunity to learn about your specific situation and needs so I can help you more.