As we continue to adjust and reinvent how we lead and communicate during the pandemic, we want to continue to take a look at what content has been most popular among our readers. So, in case you missed any posts, here’s the top content others found most helpful in Q3.
10 Most-Read leadercommunicator Blogs in Q3 2020
- 8 Steps to Active Listening
Leaders inspire their teams by showing they care. One of the most important ways leaders show they care is to listen—truly listen—to what people have to say.
- How to Convince Your Leader(s) There is Always Time to Communicate
Something I often hear from leaders is, “I don’t have time to communicate.” It seems this statement comes from a perception that either there isn’t enough time to draft a plan or that more could be done in the time saved from drafting or sharing a plan. As a communicator, you likely hear this too.
- Motivate with Feedback: Focus on the 4 Fs of Feedback (and the Future)
Sharing feedback with colleagues is a critical part of working together successfully. Yet many people I talk with feel they could do a better job giving feedback, whether by being more prompt or direct, or simply by ensuring a conversation happens.
- 3Rs Internal Communication Model: 3 Steps to Reboot Internal Communications Through COVID-19
Here’s an approach you can use to take the communications learnings of this year and build an even better internal communications function for next year and beyond.
- What's Keeping You Up at Night? A Lot of Uncertainty, Survey Finds
The Grossman Group recently conducted a survey of dozens of leaders and communicators, asking a frank question: “What’s keeping you up at night?” It turns out that the answer was essentially, “a lot!”
- 9 Ways to Have Even More Calm, Courageous Conversations
Over the last several months, we’ve all faced discomfort in new ways – from navigating the unknowns of the pandemic and making (and communicating) difficult business decisions, to facing unconscious bias and having important conversations about race.
- L'Oreal's Return-to-Office Hits Some Snags: How to Avoid HR and Communication Blunders as Companies Enter the Next Stage of Pandemic Plans
Calling all HR, PR and Internal Communications professionals…there’s got to be a better way to manage back-to-work policies and communications.
- 11 Quotes to Inspire You to Communicate with Compassion in The Workplace
It’s no secret that employees look for – and want – more meaningful communication and interactions with their colleagues, teams and leaders, especially given the recent events. Review these quotes to help inspire you to communicate and connect with your team in a more meaningful and powerful way.
- Who's the Better Communicator? Introverts or Extroverts?
The answer here might surprise you. Both can be effective communicators, if they understand the implications of their preference, and flex their style. The variables to consider are about the quality and quantity of communications.
- 7 Tips to Follow as You Reboot Internal Communications Through COVID-19
We’ve found there are a number of tips and reminders that became so self-evident in the pandemic as things we should remember as leaders and communicators and we want to share those with you.
How might one of these resources help you lead and communicate even better?
Are you applying the communications lessons of this year into your communications plan for the future? As you reflect, consider taking this 3-step approach to Reboot your Communications Plan for long-term success.