Elsie’s Elegant Elixir
Toast the season of giving and the spirit of Grandma Elsie with a delicious cocktail.
- Rim two cocktail (martini) glasses with Grandma Elsie’s Pumpkin Chiffon Pie Spices.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add:
- 3 ounces of Amaretto
- 3 ounces of vodka
- 6 ounces of orange juice (we love blood orange juice when it’s in season)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Grandma Elsie’s Famous Spices (or dash sugar, pinch cinnamon, pinch ginger, pinch nutmeg, pinch salt)
- Shake well, strain and pour elixir into rimmed cocktail glass.
Serves 2. (Elsie wouldn’t drink alone.)
Brad Whitworth and Peg Champion