Talking to employees about cost cuts is a difficult job for leaders and communicators, yet it is vitally important to get it right, especially now that it's such a big part of the way businesses function.
Even the healthiest, most successful companies consider budget cuts a smart move. Since cutting costs is no longer just a strategy to survive during tough times, learning how to communicate these changes in a smart way is critical for a company's success.
Cutting to Win: 6 Steps for Getting Employees on Your Side During Cost Cuts, offers 6 critical steps and strategies to help you navigate through these times of change within your company and gives examples of the best – and worst – handled case studies to back them up, including:
- Use a smart, well-planned and fair process
- Build a strong business case
- Emotionally connect with employees
- Consider appearances/how change looks to your employees
- Align all leaders on the message
- Communicate specific direction and actions for employees
Download — Cutting to Win: 6 Steps for Getting Employees on Your Side During Cost Cuts — by filling out the form to the right and start communicating changes in a way that engages and retains your workforce.